Monthly Archives: January 2013

C41 Success….5th time lucky!

I was beginning to wonder whether there was something wrong with my test shot so I did a quick develop in B&W chems and came up with a good images. Then I remixed my Developer and Bleach from scratch and … Continue reading

Posted in Processing | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Troubleshooting my C-41

The ever helpful APUG forum has suggested a few things that I should try. Firstly it seems I need to up the sodium thiosulphate content in my Fixer and I need better scales it would seem. Other things to check … Continue reading

Posted in Processing | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

C-41 First Tests: A spectacular failure

So, I’ve done 2 tests now. The first: I blew a whole roll. The neg was completely blank. The 2nd I took a test roll, all the same shot and cut the neg into strips with a view to doing … Continue reading

Posted in Processing | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

C-41 Final Recipe

I’ve done so much sniffing around for C-41 recipes that I can’t quite remember where this one comes from. I’ll endeavor to find the source…. UPDATE: Developer recipe thanks to Stefan in Germany (stefan4u from APUG) Original thread here. Thanks … Continue reading

Posted in Processing | Tagged , , , , | 9 Comments

Mixing solids with liquids to make a percentage solution.

On a number of occassions I’ve needed to make a percentage solution. The following post on the APUG forum explains how to this: http://www.apug.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-91801.html

Posted in Processing | Tagged , , | Leave a comment